Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Virtual Learning Resources
We want you to be able to access all the support you need while studying from home. This page explains how we will make available the resources you need.
All pupils will have access to Microsoft Teams soon. You will find your classes, subjects or year groups are already allocated in MS Teams. There will be lots of study materials and lessons for you to access there.
You can download MS Teams onto your devices at home and your mobile for free. View or download a guide on how to access email, OneDrive, Teams and other Office 365 apps.
Student SharePoint. Although we are planning to use Microsoft Teams and also email resources to you, you can also download files from our Virtual Learning folder in SharePoint (see link below).
If you have forgotten your password please email your Head of Year who will support you in re-setting it. Please do remember our etiquette for remote learning and how we interact to support one another.
Study tips to help you...
Download our HAB key home study tips to help you make the most of your time.
Useful websites - GCSE
These websites are really useful for your studies. We are still developing this list but we hope you find it helpful. For A Level, see further down the page.
Seneca Learning is good for lots of different subjects - used by over 2,500,000 students to learn faster and memorise better.
Download a list of 40 free learning websites for young people aged 11-16.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/examspecs/zcbchv4 - GCSE Bitesize for Literature and Language
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM2vdqz-7e4HAuzhpFuRY8w - Mr Bruff’s Youtube Channel – Really good lessons on all of the literature and language topics to watch and revise from
- https://www.litcharts.com/lit/macbeth - Lit charts on Macbeth, A Christmas Carol, Pigeon English
- https://www.sparknotes.com/ - More literature revision for the key texts
- https://www.sparknotes.com/nofear/shakespeare/macbeth/ - No Fear modern translations of all of Macbeth
- https://quizlet.com/en-gb - website full of interactive quizzes on language and literature topics
- https://www.youtube.com/ - to watch full film versions of Macbeth or ACC to consolidate knowledge, or shorter animated tales/summaries
- https://www.memrise.com/apps/ - Literature and quote revision
- https://www.senecalearning.com/ - English Revision site
- https://www.bl.uk/works/macbeth – British Library - Lots of resources, articles on the literature texts studied
- www.edmodo.com This should be year 11’s first point-of-call where they can access a wide variety of rich GCSE resources: Topic Based GCSE questions, AQA Topic Tests, GCSE Practice Set Papers, Churchill Papers (Grade 7-9) and AQA Revision grids
- BBC Bitesize
- KS4 Revision guides + workbooks
- AQA practicals - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=aqa+required+practicals&safe=active
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zgp6mnb - Weimar & Nazi Germany
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFQil7fsvemvnF3cmhnBFFQ - Crime and Punishment as well as other topics
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTCb921qBR4&safe=active – Plots against Elizabeth
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z4vMhY1EqE&safe=active – How to answer a 12 mark question
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ildG-hMf86A&safe=active – How to answer a 16 mark question
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF1MhGayfuQ&safe=active – How to answer a 4 mark question
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDdeyxToNV6zYYwDuaqey6Q - EDEXCEL guidance for all questions
- Quizlet (HGAED)
- Duolingo's online Spanish language learning programme
- Notes, video tutorials and tests by BBC Bitesize
- Seneca Learning AQA Spanish
- Grammar activities on Lingolia
- Learning activities by spanishrevision.co.uk
- Various resources from languagesonline.org.uk
- Flash cards, quizzes and more from getrevising.co.uk
- Fast Past papers AQA Spanish
- Google search 'GCSE Spanish revision’
Podcasts and intermediate
- Coffee Break Spanish
- Habla con Eñe + Punto y Coma – free resources Habla Cultura
- News in Slow Spanish
- SBS Spanish
- Revisionworld.com (Business past papers)
- BBC bitsize.co.uk (Edexcel business)
- qualifications.pearson.com (Business exam material)
- BBC bitesize.co.uk (Edexcel computer science)
- qualifications.pearson.com (computer science exam material)
- Gojimo the vocabulary revision App
- BBC Bitesize Drama Revision, example exam questions and quizzes - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/examspecs/zdb6xyc
- Eduqas.co.uk. GCSE Drama Digital Resources Tools. Design.
- Edmodo.com, Seneca
- Rock & Pop – Trinity School
Art and Design, Photography, Textiles
- Follow HGAED Art Department on Pinterest
- You tube Tate Shots for artist research
Physical Education/Sports Studies
PAPER1: understanding key concepts and processes of cultural transmission, families and education and research methods
Paper 2: social differentiation and stratification, crime and deviance and sociological enquiry and research methods
- To look at the specification and find practice exam papers: https://www.eduqas.co.uk/qualifications/sociology/gcse/
- You can use this site to test your revision: www.quizlet.com
- Edmodo (our class code) is: syduep
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zbbw2hv (education, families and crime and deviance ONLY)
- https://www.senecalearning.com/ (there are sociology resources here)
- https://fluencycdn2.fluencycms.co.uk/FileCluster/BroomfieldSchool/MainFolder/From-April-2016/Revision-Support/Revision-gudie-Unit-1.pdf (this is for AQA but the content is largely the same)
- Online text book - https://illuminate.digital/aqapsychgcse/
Food Preparation and Nutrition
Useful websites - A level and Cambridge Technical Level 3
https://www.bl.uk/works/macbeth – British Library - Lots of resources, articles on the literature texts studied
Videos on youtube (highly recommended as a good way to revise)
- SnapRevise: The Ultimate Biology Resource
- Ryan Toal
- Bozeman Science
- Tutor2u.net AQA business
- SENECAlearning.com (AQA business)
- AQA.org.uk (A-level Business exam material)
- Times 100.com (A-level business case studies)