Transition - Essential Information for Parents
Parents and carers of Class of 2029 - this section is just for you, and will provide you with useful tips and information to help you and your daughter make a successful transition to HAB.
Year 6 induction - A Taste of HAB - watch a recording
Watch a recording of our Taste of HAB induction session from 2021, which we'll be holding again in 2022 and will let you know the date in due course.
Transition webinars 2021 - recordings
The second Transition Webinar took place place on Tuesday 25th May 2021, Watch a recording below.
You can also watch a recording of our first Transition Webinar in March 2021 below.
Uniform for new students - how to order
HAB uniform is supplied by an online school outfitter, Stevensons. Please see our uniform page for details of how to order.
We also plan to hold a uniform sizing day over the summer and we'll have more information towards the end of the summer term. This is not a compulsory event, but we appreciate that some of you may value an opportunity to see the sizing of the uniform before placing an order.
During the summer break, we hope that our students and their families will have time for some rest, relaxation and to enjoy some free time. We hope to be in a position soon to send you details about the ‘Head Start for September’ pack of activities, with ideas of activities to try over the summer.
We know some families might worry about what their daughters have missed, because of Covid, and how they will catch up. We want to reassure you that it is our responsibility to ensure that your daughter has every opportunity to achieve her full potential at HAB. We recognise that there will be learning gaps to be filled when your daughters return and have very carefully planned our curriculum so that every girl has the chance to reach her full potential. We will take great care to support your daughter with this and we are very confident that it is achievable for all girls.
September start dates
Once your daughter has had her Year 7 induction day in early September she will attend every day thereafter.
Support for girls
We know that every family has faced challenges during this time. These challenges will be ongoing for some time. As we welcome students in September, we will ensure there is time devoted to the emotional wellbeing of your daughters.
Our priority is always ensuring the physical and psychological safety of the children in our care, and of all members of our community. We want HAB to be safe and to feel safe for all.
If there is anything you wish to ask us, or to have our support with, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Please see the list of key contacts, also highlighted in the webinars, below:
- SEND: Antoinette Mbuyamba: Antoinette.Mbuyamba@harrisbermondsey.org.uk
- Safeguarding/Welfare: Elizabeth.Magee@harrisbermondsey.org.uk
- General Admissions and Admin queries: M.Carr@harrisbermondsey.org.uk
- Free School Meals and ParentPay queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transition Passport: Hellen.Hay@harrisbermondsey.org.uk
Timeline of transition actions
Please find below a timeline for successful transition as well as links to online forms and contacts.
- Engage your daughter with online HAB Transition Passports
- Complete the HAB Personal Details Form and return by post or email to M.Carr@harrisbermondsey.org.uk
- Complete the HAB Medical Information Form and return by post or email to M.Carr@harrisbermondsey.org.uk
- Watch out for details of our HAB Transition Webinar.
- Make contact with SEND and/or Safeguarding teams with any relevant information to support your daughter’s transition
- Continue engaging daughter with the HAB Transition Passport
- Watch out for details of our HAB Transition Webinar for uniform/Free Schoo Meals/ParentPay updates (details to follow).
- Sign up to ParentPay - download our parents guide to ParentPay.
- Apply for Free School Meals (this does not carry over from Primary School automatically). Download our parents' guide to free school meals.
- Order HAB Uniform!
Keep checking our website and Twitter for any transition updates.