Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Transition - Essential Information for Parents
Parents and carers of Class of 2028 - this section is just for you, and will provide you with useful tips and information to help you and your daughter make a successful transition to HAB.
Second transition webinar - Tues 25th May, 5pm
The second HAB Class of 2028 Transition Webinar takes place on Tuesday 25th May at 5pm. It's an opportunity for our incoming Class of 2028 and their families to meet key HAB staff and gain further information about making a successful transition. Includes Q&A session. Hosted by the Year 7 Transition Team.
Click HERE to sign up now.
Uniform for new students - how to order
HAB uniform is supplied by an online school outfitter, Stevensons. Please see our uniform page for details of how to order.
We also plan to hold a uniform sizing day over the summer and we'll have more information towards the end of the summer term. This is not a compulsory event, but we appreciate that some of you may value an opportunity to see the sizing of the uniform before placing an order.
During the summer break, we hope that our students and their families will have time for some rest, relaxation and to enjoy some free time. We hope to be in a position soon to send you details about the ‘Head Start for September’ pack of activities, with ideas of activities to try over the summer.
We know some families might worry about what their daughters have missed, because of Covid, and how they will catch up. We want to reassure you that it is our responsibility to ensure that your daughter has every opportunity to achieve her full potential at HAB. We recognise that there will be learning gaps to be filled when your daughters return and have very carefully planned our curriculum so that every girl has the chance to reach her full potential. We will take great care to support your daughter with this and we are very confident that it is achievable for all girls.
September start dates
Once your daughter has had her Year 7 induction day on Thursday 2nd September she will attend every day thereafter.
Support for girls
We know that every family has faced challenges during this time. These challenges will be ongoing for some time. As we welcome students in September, we will ensure there is time devoted to the emotional wellbeing of your daughters.
Our priority is always ensuring the physical and psychological safety of the children in our care, and of all members of our community. We want HAB to be safe and to feel safe for all.
If there is anything you wish to ask us, or to have our support with, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Please see the list of key contacts, also highlighted in the webinars, below:
- Free School Meal applications: Ian.email@example.com
- Safeguarding and welfare: Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission queries: Lyndsay.Harris@Harrisbermondsey.org.uk
- SEND: Leeanne.email@example.com
- Transition: Hellen.firstname.lastname@example.org
- General enquiries: HABreception@harrisbermondsey.org.uk
Timeline of transition actions
Please find below a timeline for successful transition as well as links to online forms and contacts.
- Engage your daughter with online HAB Transition Passport
- Complete the HAB Personal Details Form and return by post or email to Lyndsay.Harris@Harrisbermondsey.org.uk
- Complete the HAB Medical Information Form and return by post or email to Lyndsay Harris Lyndsay.Harris@Harrisbermondsey.org.uk
- Watch out for details of our HAB Transition Webinar.
- Make contact with SEND and/or Safeguarding teams with any relevant information to support your daughter’s transition
- Continue engaging daughter with the HAB Transition Passport
- Watch out for details of our HAB Transition Webinar for uniform/Free Schoo Meals/ParentPay updates (details to follow).
- Sign up to ParentPay - download our parents guide to ParentPay.
- Apply for Free School Meals (this does not carry over from Primary School automatically). Download our parents' guide to free school meals.
- Order HAB Uniform!
Keep checking our website and Twitter for any transition updates.
Key HAB Forms
- HAB Personal Details Form
- HAB Medical Information Form
- ParentPay Guide
- Free School Meals Guide
- Our SEND and Safeguarding policies can be downloaded from the Key Information section of our website, where all our policies can be found.
Watch a recording of our Transition Webinar
A recording of our transition webinar from 30th March 2021 will be added here shortly.