Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Download our school menus for Summer term 2019, provided by Chartwells. We are featuring five main courses and four desserts on the menus. Recipes have all been tested with students in schools and received positive feedback.
Chartwells continue to support children with dietary needs through our special diet form. This form must be completed along with medical evidence to help assist in the safely of the child.
So that your daughter does not have to bring cash to school, we use ParentPay to allow parents and carers to charge their daughters’ lunch cards. You can do this at www.parentpay.com or at your local shop, using the login information or barcode provided by HAB at the start of the academic year.
If you wish to register your daughter for free school meals, visit https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/harrisfederation and enter your details.
Should you have any questions or difficulties regarding Parent Pay or My Free School Meals, please contact Mr Rubed Miah, Finance Officer, by email at Finance@harrisbermondsey.org.uk or by telephone on 0207 394 2375.
Breakfast is offered every morning from 7.45-8.15 and students can use their lunch cards to pay for their meal. Currently the following items are on offer:
- Hash browns x 3 £1.20
- Bacon roll £1.65
- Cheese on toast £0.65
- Granola with yogurt £1.00
- Plain croissant £1.00
- Chocolate Croissant £1.00
- Hot chocolate will be available on Thursday and Friday for £1.50.
All students are able to sit and eat lunch with their friends in the Academy dining room. Every day there is a variety of tasty healthy options available, including a cooked meal of the day which is popular with students. We work closely with Chartwells, our lunch providers, to ensure only fresh produce is used.
Hot Lunch Options include:
- Roast Chicken with Steamed new Potatoes & Seasonal Vegetables
- Stirfry Vegetables with Coriander Noodles
- Apple Cinnamon Cake
- Spaghetti Bolognese & Steamed Seasonal Vegetables
- Roast Vegetable Curry & Stirfried Egg Rice
- Fruit Crumble & Custard
Sandwich Selection (Using Granary Rolls, Brown Rolls, Baguettes, Baps and Sliced Bread) inlcudes:
- Ham & Lettuce
- Ham, Cheese & Lettuce
- Tuna & Sweetcorn
- Tuna & Cucumber
- Cheese, Tomatoe and Salad
- Roast Chicken & Salad
- Roast Vegetable & Sweet Potato Spread
Sample Weekly Lunch Menu
- Roast Chicken with Vegetables and black eye bean rice
- Roast Vegetable Burritos with Spicy potato wedges & salad
- Tuna Pasta Bake with steamed vegetables or salad
- Apple cake & Custard or fruit
- Spaghetti Bolognese with steamed vegetables
- Roast vegetables with cous cous and feta cheese crumbs
- Smoked mackerel & vegetable rice
- Lemon Curd Cake or fruit
- Stir fry chicken fillets with sweet chilli noodles & vegetables
- Roast Vegetable Lasagne with garlic bread & Potato wedges
- Thai style salmon fillet with Spring onion mash
- Strawberry Chantilly or fruit
- Shepherd’s Pie with steamed vegetables
- Vegetarian Paella & steamed vegetables
- Vegetarian Toad in the hole
- Chocolate cake & Coco sauce or fruit
- Oven baked Haddock fillet with spicy potato wedges, tartare sauce, baked beans & Broccoli
- Sweet Potato & roast vegetable curry with mango chutney & flat bread
- Fruit Salad, healthy balance fruit yoghurt or hot pudding
How to pay
All meals must be paid for using student lunch cards. Students can top up their lunch cards by cash using the machines inside the restaurant from 8am. Parents can top up student cards using ParentPay but please be aware that this can take up to 24 hours to update.
If you think you may be eligible for Free School Meals, please visit https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/harrisfederation and enter your details.
If your daughter loses her lunch card, she can request a new one at the cost of £1.50 from student reception. If your daughter does not have her lunch card on her then unfortunately she will not be able to purchase any food, so it is imperative that she checks she has her lunch card when she packs her school bag the night before.
Items not allowed in school
As part of our work with students to ensure that they eat healthily, the following items are banned by the academy:
- Fizzy drinks
- Large cartons of juices
- Energy drinks
- multipacks of doughnuts or cakes
- large bags of crisps and chocolate
- Hot drinks (health and safety risk if they get spilt)
- Chewing gum
If students do bring any of these items into the academy they will be confiscated by a member of staff and students will not be able to collect them.