Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Download our school menus for Summer term 2019, provided by Chartwells. We are featuring five main courses and four desserts on the menus. Recipes have all been tested with students in schools and received positive feedback.
Chartwells continue to support children with dietary needs through our special diet form. This form must be completed along with medical evidence to help assist in the safely of the child.
So that your daughter does not have to bring cash to school, we use ParentPay to allow parents and carers to charge their daughters’ lunch cards. You can do this at www.parentpay.com or at your local shop, using the login information or barcode provided by HAB at the start of the academic year.
If you wish to register your daughter for free school meals, visit https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/harrisfederation and enter your details.
Should you have any questions or difficulties regarding Parent Pay or My Free School Meals, please contact Mr Rubed Miah, Finance Officer, by email at Finance@harrisbermondsey.org.uk or by telephone on 0207 394 2375.
Breakfast is offered every morning from 7.45-8.15 and students can use their lunch cards to pay for their meal. Currently the following items are on offer:
- Hash browns x3 £1.20
- Bacon roll £1.60
- Breakfast wrap (Either bacon, sausage or a vegetarian alternative with omelette) £2.00
- Cheese on toast £0.60
- Granola with yogurt £1.00
Hot chocolate will be available on Thursday and Friday for £1.50.
All students are able to sit and eat lunch with their friends in the Academy dining room. Every day there is a variety of tasty healthy options available, including a cooked meal of the day which is popular with students. We work closely with Chartwells, our lunch providers, to ensure only fresh produce is used.
Hot Lunch Options include:
- Roast Chicken with Steamed new Potatoes & Seasonal Vegetables
- Stirfry Vegetables with Coriander Noodles
- Apple Cinnamon Cake
- Spaghetti Bolognese & Steamed Seasonal Vegetables
- Roast Vegetable Curry & Stirfried Egg Rice
- Fruit Crumble & Custard
Sandwich Selection (Using Granary Rolls, Brown Rolls, Baguettes, Baps and Sliced Bread) inlcudes:
- Ham & Lettuce
- Ham, Cheese & Lettuce
- Tuna & Sweetcorn
- Tuna & Cucumber
- Cheese, Tomatoe and Salad
- Roast Chicken & Salad
- Roast Vegetable & Sweet Potato Spread
Sample Weekly Lunch Menu
- Roast Chicken with Vegetables and black eye bean rice
- Roast Vegetable Burritos with Spicy potato wedges & salad
- Tuna Pasta Bake with steamed vegetables or salad
- Apple cake & Custard or fruit
- Spaghetti Bolognese with steamed vegetables
- Roast vegetables with cous cous and feta cheese crumbs
- Smoked mackerel & vegetable rice
- Lemon Curd Cake or fruit
- Stir fry chicken fillets with sweet chilli noodles & vegetables
- Roast Vegetable Lasagne with garlic bread & Potato wedges
- Thai style salmon fillet with Spring onion mash
- Strawberry Chantilly or fruit
- Shepherd’s Pie with steamed vegetables
- Vegetarian Paella & steamed vegetables
- Vegetarian Toad in the hole
- Chocolate cake & Coco sauce or fruit
- Oven baked Haddock fillet with spicy potato wedges, tartare sauce, baked beans & Broccoli
- Sweet Potato & roast vegetable curry with mango chutney & flat bread
- Fruit Salad, healthy balance fruit yoghurt or hot pudding
Items not allowed in school
To help our students make the most healthy choices when selecting their snacks at the Academy, the following items are not permitted within the school premises. In order to enforce this rule, items on this list will be confiscated and will not be returned to students. We strongly advise that these items are not brought into the Academy:
- Fizzy drinks
- Energy drinks
- Large cartons of juice (beyond one serving)
- Multipacks or large family size bags of crisps (Anything larger than 40g)
- Multipacks of doughnuts, cookies or other sugary goods
- Large packets of biscuits, sweets, chocolate or other sugary goods