Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Key Stage 4 Options
Dear Year 9 Parent and Carers
As you are aware, your daughter chose her GCSE options in Year 8. When we then changed the Options process last year and extended KS3 into three years, we promised to give students a chance in Year 9 to review their option choices.
Confirm or change options
We still have the information recorded for your daughter’s GCSE options from last year. However, you now have the opportunity to change the options if your daughter really feels they want to, and also because some options are no longer available that had been selected.
Please could you and your daughter follow this link and complete the form indicating her option choices for GCSE. Please also do this even if the option choices remain the same from last year. In making these choices your daughter needs to select one subject from the Humanities Block and a 1st and 2nd choice from the Creative Block.
The importance of the Arts - by Ms Harvey
Year 9 are currently making important decisions about which GCSE Options to choose. Ms Harvey has made this video to help you understand 'The importance of the Arts'! Please watch Ms Harvey's film and think carefully about your choices.
You might also like to look over the pathways booklet that was given out last year when the options process took place. This booklet outlines the contents of each of the option courses, and it also outlines the compulsory courses as well. Download the booklet here.
If you have any questions about any of the option subjects, please go to the booklet. If you want to ask further questions, the Head of Subject is listed below for each of the options who you can then email directly.
If we do not hear back from you by the end of this term (Friday 22nd May), we will go with the options chosen last year; these will be the ones your daughter studies from September as part of her GCSEs.
Heads of Subject contact details
- History - Dr Reigada email@example.com
- Geography - Ms Driscoll/ Ms Karadal firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Art – Ms Barima firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Studies – Mr Alonge email@example.com
- Citizenship – Ms Senior firstname.lastname@example.org
- Computer Science – Ms Newell email@example.com
- Dance – Ms Clements/Miss Palmer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drama – Miss Harvey/Ms Elsden email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Music – Ms Sillars/Mr Creasey email@example.com