Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Friends of HAB
Would you like to get more involved in the Academy by joining our Friends of HAB group? Friends of HAB:
- identifies a fundraising cause for the year (at the direction and suggestion of the Principal)
- attends HAB social events to highlight the work of Friends of HAB and to encourage all HAB parents and carers to attend organised events
- organises a termly community event (with some fundraising element involved)
- promotes events at HAB with the wider parent community, including having a termly slot in the HAB newsletter.
- provides parental feedback on HAB initiatives
- develops creative ideas and new approaches to engaging the wider HAB community.
"In essence, the aim is to help create, nurture, promote and encourage a community spirit from within the parent and carer body," says Dewi, whose daughter is in Year 8. "It's about those who are interested and able, with the full support and backing of the school, to be available to meet, discuss and participate to further the great work that HAB is doing for our daughters."
To find out more, including dates of next meetings and events, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What parents say...
“Friends of HAB is a great way for parents to assist by giving their input on projects and event planning. Being able to volunteer a bit of time has given me the insight of how to utilise some of my knowledge and skills.” Audrey, Year 10 Parent
“I joined friends of HAB because I want to know what is happening at the school. It is important to exchange views with school, staff and other parents to work together to support your child in her education. I believe developing a community is beneficial to everyone. It's an opportunity to meet other parents, share thoughts, concerns and giggles. We all have work and commitments, you won't be able come to every meeting or event but you can still make a difference." Ana, Year 8 Parent
It’s great to be “in the know” on what’s going on, not just in the classroom but in the larger school community as well. It’s allowed me to form a larger and more meaningful connection with our community. It allows me to have a voice in what is happening in our school. It’s a forum to discuss or share concerns. This isn’t all about fundraising. We are also looking at ways to involve school families and the local community to get involved by giving their time, which we all know is a precious commodity. Along the way we also hope to have some fun! Most of all we welcome everyone’s ideas equally." Dewi, Year 8 Parent