In August 2023, students celebrated a very strong set of GCSE results.
- 45% of students achieved Grades 7-9 in English Literature
- 32% of students achieved Grades 7-9 in English Language
- 37% of students achieved Grades 7-9 in Geography and 38% in Religious Studies
High performers include:
- Sweatha (pictured) who achieved 5 Grades 9s and 4 Grade 8s;
- Sadia who achieved 7 Grade 9s and 2 Grade 8s;
- Nikita who achieved 6 Grade 9s, 2 Grade 8s and one Grade 7;
- Roaa who achieved 4 Grade 9s and 5 Grade 8s;
- Maryam who achieved 4 Grade 9s, 4 Grade 8s and 1 Grade 7;
- Jamila who achieved 8 Grade 9s and 1 Grade 8;
- Oladimeji who achieved 4 Grade 9s, 4 Grade 8s and one Grade 6;
Commenting on the results, Gizlé Landman, Principal of the Academy said:
“We are so incredibly pleased by today’s results which are testament to the sheer determination, resilience and dedication of everyone involved. Our students have demonstrated such ambition for themselves and their futures with some excellent grades.
“I’d also like to thank staff across the academy for their support, encouragement and hard work which I know the students have all appreciated. As numerous students commented to me today!
“This cohort of students have succeeded despite the disruption to their education caused by the pandemic and today’s results do justice to their exceptional work over the past five years. We look forward to welcoming them into our excellent Sixth Form in September so they can continue their education with us and gain places to the best universities in the country.”
Our Sixth Form results in August 2023 were also very strong and meant that the vast majority of students secured their first-choice university places and virtually all have secured either their first or insurance place.
The array of courses our students are going on to complete is a true testament to the broadening of minds our HAB6 team encourages. Here is just a sample of good news stories:
- Najma achieved AABB in French, Mathematics, Further Maths and Physics and will be reading for a degree in Physics from King's College London
- Leen achieved AAB in English Literature, French and Sociology and will be reading for a degree in Sociology at LSE
- Amina achieved A*ABC in French, History, Mathematics and Physics and will be reading for a degree at Oxford in Linguistics
- Sidney achieved BBB in Biology, Chemistry and Geography and will be reading for a degree in Environmental Geoscience at UCL
- Lilo achieved A*A*AA in English Literature, History, Spanish and Drama and Theatre Studies and will be reading for a degree in Arabic at Durham
- Jeriel achieved ABC in Sociology, Chemistry and Biology and will be reading for a degree in Forensic Science at Keele University
- Shayma achieved ABB in Spanish, Mathematics and Biology and will be reading for a degree in Japanese at SOAS
- Kandia achieved A*AB in Sociology, History and French and will be reading for a degree in Social Sciences at Durham
- Bethan achieved ABB in Religious Studies, Mathematics and History and will be reading for a degree in Law at Bristol
- Amrita achieved 3 D* in Business and a B in Sociology and will be reading for a degree in Business Management at Queen Mary University
Sixth form results: visit our Department for Education 16-18 performance table.