Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Parents - Virtual Learning Update for All Parents
I hope this email finds you and your families well. I have thought much about you over the past week in particular, as I know you have had to manage an enormous shift in your lives and to support your children at this very uncertain time.
I’d also like to thank you for all you have done to support your children’s education in this period when you have been thrown into home schooling all at once. I’m aware you may well have children in different year groups who have lots of different things to do and that this may be a stressful experience for you while you also need to manage other responsibilities.
We have spent this week engaging with your daughters online and setting them up for a remote education. We know that your daughters have worked really hard on the tasks they have been set and we have been so impressed with them!
From next week, we will be introducing Wellbeing Wednesdays:
- Each Wednesday, your daughter will receive an email with a range of enjoyable enrichment activities to do, such as art tutorials, singing lessons, virtual museum tours, cooking tutorials, exercise classes and reading resources.
- These tasks don’t require you to do anything. They are self-directed, meaning your daughter can do them on her own.
- They will also be family friendly, so you may want to have your daughter do them with siblings or even as a whole family with you.
- All tasks are optional, so your daughter can decide what she wishes to spend her time on, or you can agree this with her.
- Your daughter isn’t expected to do school work on Wellbeing Wednesdays, though she can if she wants to. Her teachers won’t be emailing her though.
We hope you and your daughters will really enjoy this opportunity for some fun and some enriching experiences, which would normally form a very important part of our school life at HAB and which we know are good for girls mental, emotional and physical wellbeing.
Please tell us your views
We haven’t yet managed to perfect the balance with how much work your daughters need and ensuring that they have some enjoyable, enrichment opportunities too. I can assure you that we are working hard at this, listening to your daughters’ views and that we will make changes to improve things over time.
It would be very helpful to have your feedback too. If you could complete this quick survey, it would be much appreciated: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=iSUtagbWmk-rU04hqmtEXqfUaKX9eXVBq5fPmpSrBoNUQks1WVZOVjQ2VDBNTjVUUEtYT1U2Qlg5Mi4u
With all good wishes to you and your families,