Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Posted on August 12th 2021
GCSE Success for HAB Girls
The overall achievement at Harris Academy Bermondsey this year was incredibly strong, with 113 ‘super grade 9s’ achieved in total by our students!
We were delighted to see HAB students celebrating yet another set of superb results today. There was much excitement as students opened their envelopes and were thrilled to find that they had achieved brilliantly, with many achieving the top grades of 7, 8 and 9. Some particular highlights are as follows:
- 84% achieved both English and Maths at Level 4 or above
- 57% achieved both English and Maths at Level 5 or above (national average 43.2% in 2019)
- 87% passed in Maths
- 91% passed in English
- 98.8% of students entered for the English Baccalaureate, well ahead of the DfE target for 90% to sit this challenging suite of subjects by 2025. The entry rate was 40% just nationally for 2019.
- 74% achieved the EBacc at Level 4, significantly above the national average for 2019 of 24.9%
- 43% achieved the EBacc at Level 5, significantly above the national average for 2019 of 17.1%
The EBacc achievement is especially notable given that the English Baccalaureate represents a very challenging group of subjects which a minority of students study nationally. Almost all of our students study the EBacc and their achievement in it is far beyond the national average and supports them to compete for the very best college and university places in the future.
Kandia achieved 6 grade 9s, an 8 and two 7s.
Andrea not only made her Olympic debut this summer but achieved 6 grade 9s, two grade 7s and a grade 6 on results day today.
From left to right: Taiwo, Elena, Heyaballe and Amina who secured 15 grade 9s between them.
Matilda secured an excellent set of results and is going on to her chosen college.
Alannah, who secured 5 grade 9s.