Download our FREE smartphone app today!
At Harris Academy Bermondsey, we believe that a well-structured and highly effective programme of careers and education guidance will play a key role in contributing to how the academy prepares its young people for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
We especially want to highlight and provide exposure to careers that are less well represented by women, including STEM-related industries. Working in partnership with external agencies, we will provide accurate and focused careers information, advice and guidance tailored to individual needs and thereby ensuring that our students will be able to make informed choices about their career pathways.
By the time students leave us, they will be well informed about a variety of qualifications, including those of a technical, vocational and academic nature and both university and apprenticeship options.
The following websites can help you to look at the different careers that are available.
- The National Careers Service website has over 700 careers profiles providing information on the skills and qualifications required.
- Careers Box is a free online library of careers related films. Case studies show real people doing real jobs.
- Start is a free online careers platform to connect 11-18 year old with their future career potential.
- Prospects gives detailed job information and links to advice on writing CVs and cover letters.
- icould offers first hand information about careers, including videos, as well as labour market information.
- LMI for All is an online data portal, which connects and standardises labour market information (LMI) with the aim of informing careers decisions.
You can also download the latest parents' pack on apprenticeships, produced by the National Apprenticeship Service, from the resources page of their website.
We value the input of staff, students, governors, parents and employers in helping us build a better future for our students. You could help us with, for example:
- Offering work experience placements
- Industry visits
- Mock interviews
- Assembly talks in school
- Our careers fair
- Work shadowing
If you are interested in any of these activities or you have suggestions to support our students, please contact Pav Aujla on firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can download our Careers and Education Guidance Policy and also our policy on Access for Careers Providers Policy from our Teaching and Learning page.