HAB Government & Student Leadership
Student voice is imperative to the overall PD curriculum within the Academy.
It is important that students are given the opportunity to contribute and aid with decisions regarding their community; feeling represented and heard ensures that the message of inclusion and respect is upheld.
Students will have the opportunity to apply to become a member of HAB government at the start of every academic year, where candidates will be expected to outline why they feel they would be best suited to represent in 1 of the seven departments listed below, and where their peers will vote for them based on their speeches.
The HAB government is formed of seven departments, which are:
- The department of careers and guidance
- The department of culture and inclusion
- The department for environment, food and rural affairs
- The department for health and welfare
- The ministry of justice and behaviour
- The department of charities and events
- The department of curriculum