Download our FREE smartphone app today!
HAB6 Transition Resources
These resources will help you make the most of this time to prepare for the transition from HAB6 to university and the world of employment so that you are ready for life beyond HAB.
We know how important it is to keep engaged and motivated to learn, particularly as your thoughts now turn to preparing for further study at university in September.
While it is with a heavy heart that you will not have the opportunity to sit your exams this year, it does provide us with an invaluable opportunity to prepare you extensively for university study and life beyond HAB.
From 11th May, we will be using the examination period to engage in a six week university transition project. This will focus on academic preparation for university, general university preparation and career development work.
What do I need to do next?
Each week you will need to check in and see the different tasks that have been set. You can see all the documents you'll need at the bottom of this page. For week one, read the document HAB6 University Preparation (Part 1) and then use the supporting documents, power points or resources below to help you with the tasks that have been set.
How can I access support?
Please access support through your Microsoft Teams page where you can ask Ms Mercer any questions that you have got. There will be an opportunity for a weekly drop-in, each Thursday from 11am if you want to drop in, otherwise you can continue to use your school email accounts.
Your resources for week one (Monday 11 May)
Download HAB6 University Preparation (Part 1), which looks at different resources that will help you with general preparation for university and academic preparation for university. In addition to this, there is a guide to how to use Unifrog to write your own resumé and CV.
You'll find further support in the Unifrog documents below:
- Know-How Library - An extensive database of hundreds of guides and videos to help you research and successfully apply for your best next step after school.
- Subjects Library - An extensive, searchable database featuring detailed profiles of every major university subject area.
- Careers Library - An extensive, searchable database of over 800 different job profiles featuring a wealth of information.
- CV/Resumé - A template for creating your own unique, well presented, well structured and comprehensive CV.
- Geeking Out - Get prepared for that dream career, research subjects needed for that pathway, and become an expert in it today!
- Goal setting - Research and create a next steps plan for your potential career pathways.