Download our FREE smartphone app today!
Your Transition Passport 2020
Welcome to your Transition Passport. On this page you'll find lots of helpful resources to help you make the transition from your primary school to HAB.
During the summer break, we hope that our students and their families will have time for some rest, relaxation and to enjoy some free time. However, if your daughter would like to complete any of the challenges we would love to see them, so please either email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @HABermondsey.
Summer Enrichment Challenge
All the activities are FREE and all guaranteed to make your summer more memorable and meaningful. How many can you tick off? Be ready to discuss the challenge in tutor time during the first week back.
Take a five-minute video school tour...
Parent and carers...
Please see our special section for parents and carers of Class of 2027, which will hopefully provide you with information about uniform and other useful tips to help you and your daughter make a successful transition to HAB.
Let’s meet... Dr Hay, Lead Practitioner
Meet Dr Hay, Lead Practitioner for Curriculum Transition. Find out how she will be helping you go from being Year 6s to HAB girls in Year 7!
Our previous 'Let's Meet' films:
- Ms Iles-Smith, Principal
- Ms Harris, Vice Principal
- Miss Magee, Student Support Manager
- Ms Mbuyamba, Deputy SENCO
- Ms Morris, School Librarian
- Ms Sillars, Head of Year 7 and Head of Music
Questions... and answers
We have loved reading your Transition Profiles and finding out a little bit more about you. This week we asked our Year 8 pupils to answer your questions, by making short films from home. They have also included their own 'HAB Hacks' to help you with transition.
First off, Karmia, Year 6 asked:
- What time do you finish each day?
- How do you choose your lessons?
- How many lessons do I have in a day?
Watch the film below for the answers!
- Question from Sobia, Year 6 - Are exams scary? Watch the answer
- Question from Siena, Year 6 - Are you allowed phones in school? Watch the answer
- Questions from Livia, Year 6 - Do you celebrate World Book Day? Do you have a bike shed? How many clubs can I be a part of? Watch the answers
- Questions from Chloe M, Year 6 - How do we apply for music lessons? What sort of lessons are there? When do we hand in our homework? Watch the answers
- Questions from Chloe B, Year 6 - What do I do if I get lost? How do I know what time lunches and classes are? Watch the answers
- Questions from Carly, Year 6 - How many clubs can I join and are they free? Can I get extra help with spellings? How do I get my uniform during Covid-19? Watch the answers
Previous HAB Hacks:
- How to homework
- How to line up
- How to lunch
- How to check the cover board
- How to make friends
- How to find your way around HAB
- How to use a timetable
- How to get organised
This week's HAB Passport - "Wellbeing"
Each week we'll give you a new Transition Passport with information about the academy and weekly challenges for you to try. This week it’s about getting organised; transport, uniform, planners – things you can start to do NOW to help you before September.
Previous HAB Passports:
- Week 1: "This is me"
- Week 2: Ambition
- Week 3: Compassion
- Week 4: Respect
- Week 5: RISE UP
- Week 6: Focus
Hello Year 7!
We thought you might like to see some pictures of the first day for Year 7 last September, to get a taste of what it's like on the first day of term.